Beautiful carpets can transform the look of your home but no matter how well you look after them, sooner or later they’re likely to fall victim to a glass of red wine or a cup of coffee. If a stain isn’t tackled immediately, the chances are it will leave a permanent mark.
Carpet stain removal is surrounded by myths and old wives tales and whilst some methods do work up to a point, others can actually more damage than the original stain! With this in mind, it’s important to be cautious and before you reach for that damp cloth, you might want to consider the following:
- Make sure you know what type of carpet you have BEFORE you start trying to remove stains from it. Some cleaning solutions contain bleach-based products which can only be used on polypropylene carpets and even then only with caution. Using bleach on other carpets will cause permanent damage.
- Try to not to soak the carpet when you’re cleaning it. Water can actually cause stains and a damp carpet is at risk of growing mildew.
- Never scrub a stain: you’re likely to make it worse and risk damaging the carpet’s fibres.
- Make sure you remove all cleaning from the detergent as a residue can leave a further stain.
- Whatever you use on your carpets, make sure you test it on an out-of-sight area first.
Professional carpet cleaning and stain removal in Leeds
Here at A1 Professional Cleaning we have decades of experience in carpet cleaning and have the expertise to clean carpets so they look as good as new. We use a range of highly effective techniques to remove stubborn stains, dirt and grime, with different solutions for different types of carpets.
Next time you spill something on your carpet, why not leave it to the professionals? Contact us to find out more about our carpet cleaning services in Leeds and surrounding areas.